In 2012, Beyond Innovations & Technologies partnered with the Department of Architecture at North South University (NSU) in Dhaka, Bangladesh, to supply environmental data from SPARRSO and the Bangladesh Meteorological Department. The collaboration aimed to facilitate climate-adaptive urban planning and design using the advanced simulation software, ENVI-met, and other related tools.
Deployment Year: 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Services Provided: Data Analysis & Supply, Software Integration
North South University is a private university based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with its business school being the first in the country to receive American accreditation from the ACBSP in 2015. The Department of Architecture at NSU focuses on preparing students to face the challenges of global climate change through theory and practice. Beyond Innovations & Technologies, a technology solutions provider sought to support NSU’s mission by offering valuable environmental data and simulation capabilities.
- Access to accurate and reliable environmental data from SPARRSO and the Bangladesh Meteorological Department
- Integration of data into ENVI-met simulation software and other related tools
- Effective utilization of simulation results to inform urban planning and design decisions
Beyond Innovations & Technologies worked closely with NSU’s Department of Architecture to obtain and process environmental data from SPARRSO and the Bangladesh Meteorological Department. This data was integrated into the ENVI-met software, which allowed students and faculty to analyze various aspects of urban microclimate, including solar and shadow simulations, pollutant dispersion, green and blue technologies, wind flow, building physics, outdoor thermal comfort, tree biomechanics, and humidity.
In addition to ENVI-met, Beyond Innovations & Technologies assisted the department in using other simulation tools to enhance their understanding of climate-adaptive urban planning and design.
The collaboration between Beyond Innovations & Technologies and NSU’s Department of Architecture significantly impacted the students’ education and practical skills. Students better understood the complex interactions between urban environments and climate change by working with real-world environmental data and advanced simulation tools. This hands-on experience equipped them with the necessary knowledge and skills to design climate-adaptive cities of the future.
Moreover, the partnership showcased the potential of interdisciplinary collaboration in addressing global challenges like climate change. Innovative solutions and strategies can be developed by bringing experts from various fields to create more sustainable, resilient, and adaptive urban environments.
- Collaboration between Beyond Innovations & Technologies and NSU’s Department of Architecture
- Supply of environmental data from SPARRSO and the Bangladesh Meteorological Department
- Integration and utilization of data in the ENVI-met simulation software and other related tools
- Enhanced understanding of climate-adaptive urban planning and design among students
- Interdisciplinary approach to addressing global climate change challenges